The health of your home and the safety of your family rely on a formidable roof above your heads. No matter what kind of climate you are located in, you don’t want to leave the interior of your house exposed to the elements. That is why you should have your roof inspected regularly for a number of potential problems that can lead to significant damage followed by expensive repairs. Learn more about the benefits of consistent inspections from IronHead — Oregon’s fastest growing roofing company. Reach out to our team to schedule an evaluation today!
Common Roofing Problems
There are a lot of problems that can plague your residential roof. Some are bigger than others, but all of them have the potential to do damage or cause harm if they aren’t addressed in a timely manner. That is why getting frequent inspections is so important. Some of the common issues that face homeowners are:
- Broken or Missing Shingles: Shingles are the first line of defense for your roof — if even a few of them break or fall off, it can put the whole thing at risk.
- Roof Leaks: Small leaks can cause big problems for your home. Once they appear, holes or gaps tend to increase in size over time.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing is used around roofing fixtures like chimneys to ensure that water doesn’t get into creases. If that is damaged moisture can find its way inside.
- Pooling Water: If your drains aren’t working properly, you could face a buildup of standing water that can eat away at your roof’s materials.
- Clogged Gutters: Not only can clogged gutters cause pooling water, but they can also force it to drain in other areas that are not properly prepared for that amount of moisture.
- Mold, Mildew, and Fungus: In addition to being unsightly, these growths can cause severe health problems for residents that are exposed to them constantly.
- And more
Call a professional and schedule a full roof inspection when you suspect there might be a problem.
Damage From the Elements
A common source of damage to many homes' roofs is the impact from severe weather. It doesn’t matter if you are dealing with rain, snow, hail, or even extreme heat, all of these can and will wear away on your roof. This process can be rapid, like a severe hail storm that cracks shingles or a tree that falls during a thunderstorm, or it can be gradual. You might not even realize the extent of the damage until it's too late. Having an inspection following severe weather is always a good call.
How IronHead Can Help
At IronHead Roofing, our team is fully committed to helping our customers maintain and repair their roofs. We know what to look for in an inspection and, if we do find problems, can make recommendations and offer services to get things fixed up in a hurry and at an affordable price. You can feel peace of mind when you work with us for your roofing inspection and repair services.