FAQ – When is it time for a new roof?
In today’s blog, we examine one of the most commonly asked questions about roofing – namely, how do I know it’s time for a new roof?
At IronHead Roofing, we have conducted everything from minor roof repairs to full roof replacement.
Our experienced team of industry professionals know what signs and symptoms to look for in your roof. We review many of these signs below. It’s important, though, that you do not conduct this assessment yourself. There are, of course, innumerable safety risks associated with such assessments. At IronHead Roofing, we conduct free assessments of your roof – helping you determine what course of action is required to heal any structural wounds – all of which helps to avert the safety risks that come with such assessments.
Knowing when the time is right
Our team of Corvallis roofers agree that you should think about your roof in the same way you would about your teeth or body health. In other words, you always try to avoid waiting until irreversible damage takes effect. Prevention is always better (and much cheaper) than the cure. By keeping your roof inspection too late, the property runs the risk of developing leaks which can, in time, lead to serious structural damage.
This damage may also come with:
- Mold formation
- Dry rot
- Peeling pain
There are other trigger signs you should consider:
- Often, you may find asphalt granules within the gutter. This sign of decay is a sure sign that you need to have your roof inspected.
- Given that asphalt roofs tend to last between 20 and 30 years old, it may be time to have your roof reviewed if it hasn’t been checked / replaced in the last 25 years.
- In addition, if you see the asphalt shingles coiling, bending or twisting – this is a sign that leaks are either present or are very close to being present.
- Perhaps the asphalt shingles are already clearly damaged or cracked. Perhaps some shingles are missing in their entirety. These are two clear signs that you need to have your roof inspected.
- On a more serious note, you may notice your roof bending or drooping. This is a sign of a much more insidious, underlying structural issue that needs to be immediately addressed.
If you’re unsure whether you need roof repairs and/or replacement, contact a member of our Corvallis roofers today. You can call us direct on 541-714-0575 or, alternatively, you can fill out our online form and a member of our team will get back to you very shortly.
Knowing when it’s time for a new roof is important, often very important. Getting it sorted early to prevent ongoing, future damage is always the #1 priority.